Subject: [Leica] Luggers in Ecuador...
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:21:42 -0500

As some of you may know, we've had a mini Lug outing in Ecuador...

That would be George Hartzell and myself...

Anyhow... I did have a chance to spend some time with George... One of the
more humorous moments so far was when he got snagged trying to climb over
some razor wire at the presidential palace.... I did get to know George on a
more personal basis through that event..  But maybe I should let him tell
you that story...  : )

Unfortunately we were too involved in getting him free to take pictures...
Oh well.. I guess it leaves more for the imagination....

After a few hours around old Quito, we had dinner together and George was
kind enough to let me borrow his Noctilux for a few shots and wow... Now I
really want one...

If the strikes end,  or the president, congress and the supreme court resign
by Saturday (like that is going tom happen)... we hope to spend Sunday and
Monday photographing the highlands.  If not, we'll have to settle for tear
gas and police clashing with demonstrators.... well... something like
that...

Stay tuned...

Duane