Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm IMAGES
From: Austin Burbridge <LEICA@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:00:08 -0800

I *am* a computer expert and I can tell you that .bmp is NOT a
standard format for World Wide Web browsers. Only some visitors will
be able to view your photographs, those who happen to be running a
Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser, and of those, only those
whose computer runs under a Microsoft operating system.

For eveyone else, the thumbnails and the photos are invisible. I
know; I've tried to look at your stuff several times without success!

The standard web browser format for photographs is JPEG (.jpg). Other
standard picture formats (but not recommended for photographs) are
.gif and .png.