Subject: RE: [Leica] Prescription lens for eyepieces
From: "Clompus, Dr. Richard [INN]" <RCLOMPUS@INNUS.JNJ.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:56:10 -0500

Eric,

Unfortunately a dioptric corrector lens is not the answer to scratching the
anti-reflective coating on your spectacles.  You need a rubber covering for
the eyepiece.  A garden hose washer sometimes can be used or Leica will sell
you one of theirs.  Once your glasses are scratched, the only option is to
replace them.  Check with your eye doctor or optician if there is a one year
warranty on the anti-reflective coating.  Sometimes you can get the lenses
replaced with this warranty coverage.  Most optical labs warrant the coating
for at least 12 months from peeling, cracking or scratching.

Best regards,

Richard Clompus, OD
Roanoke, VA, USA