Subject: RE: [Leica] Prescription lens for eyepieces
From: "Clompus, Dr. Richard [INN]" <RCLOMPUS@INNUS.JNJ.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:53:58 -0500

Julian,

You only need to be concerned about your distance prescription (+4.00).  The
add power of +2.50 refers to your bifocal.  Most manufacturers place the
optical image from the focusing screen at 1-2 meters in front of the lens.
You will need a +4.00 or maybe a +4.50 diopter eyepiece correcting lens.
The best way to tell is to see an optometrist in the U.S. (or refracting
optician) in Europe and ask them to look through a spectacle trial lens of
these powers.  You will then be able to decide which of these two lenses are
best for you.  I don't know if Leica makes corrective eye pieces with a
prescription of +4.00.  Please check with your Leica dealer to see if they
are available.

If you have any further questions that I can help you with, please feel free
to email again.

Best regards,

Richard Clompus, OD
Roanoke, VA