Subject: Subject: Re: [Leica] A more interesting question
From: Simon Stevens <simon@wizard.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:12:58 -0500

Les wrote:

>I think the second choice should be astronaut William Borman,
>who's "Earthrise" photo from lunar orbit so drastically changed
everyone's
>perception of Earth and mankind's place in the universe.

I agree with the choice and would definitely call that the Picture Of
The Century,  but the photographers name (according to Andrew Chaikin in
Man on the Moon) was Apollo 8 astronaut William Anders. Some books list
Frank Borman as the photographer and apparently there is some dispute
between them, so perhaps your name "William Borman" isn't so far off.

Simon Stevens