Subject: [Leica] Can of worms?
From: Arthur Leyenberger <larthurl@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:22:57 -0800 (PST)

Not to open a can of worms here, and maybe this
question has already been addressed in the past, but
I'm curious why the M6 does not have engraved top
plate as standard issue.

Is it becuase it costs more? I'd guess it does, but
this is a premium/prestige camera. It can't cost that
much more, can it?

Is it becuase it takes longer to manufacture? Don't
understand why that would be the reason.

Or is it simply becuase Lecia can charge more for
"special" editions?

When I look at my M3, I really admire the word "Leica"
engraved in script. It's a classy touch. Also too with
the serial number on the top plate.

So, why does every "common" M6 in some ways not look
as nice as my 30-yr old classic?

.....Art