Subject: [Leica] Kodak Portra VC v. NC
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:22:46 -0800

I like the Porta films too.  Depending on your subject the NC or VC are
great choices.
I find the VC is good if you are shooting fair skinned people, while the NC
is ideal for darker complexions.  For outdoor shots the VC is more appealing
while using flash the NC has the edge.   They are ideal wedding photographer
films, and a great pair.
The only film that comes close in beautiful skin tones, is Konica Pro 160
(new film).  Absolutely stunningly beautiful skin tone, but this is using
flash.  For outdoor fill flash or straight ambient light shots, the VC is
better (IMO).