Subject: [Leica] was:Please now CHOCOLATE!!!
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 21:58:45 -03-30

At 08:08 PM 15/01/00 -0500, you wrote:

>I would consider $1 for a 5 pound bag a somewhat inflated price, given the
>quality... >:-)
>
>M.

         HA,HA,HA!!  .... In all honestly, I agree with you... but you know
what it's like roughing it in the The Colonies!!  (...jeeez, I'm dead now)

         When I was in Rwanda and just about reaching the end of my rope,
the only thing that kept me going, I think,  was a pound of Belgian
chocolate given to me by a departing aid worker I was shacking with in
Gisenyi near the Zaire border.  I hiked 10 kilometers around the top of
Lake Kivu with it and eventually traded the last half for a taxi ride in
Goma, Zaire.

Hershey and Cadbury just don't cut it anymore.

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart