Subject: [Leica] Friends in the right places
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 23:01:56 -0500

A friend of mine who is downsizing his life to fit in his van has chosen to
leave some of his photo equipment in my care for now...  last spring he
left his 21mm f/4-R, 100mm APO, and 180mm f/3.4 APO with me for the summer
(which has now stretched in to winter), and now I am the delighted borrower
of a Leitz Pradolux RT 300 slide projector, which I am certain is at least
20 years old.

As with the R lenses, the Pradolux was suffering from inattention and
disuse: the dark shutter, to prevent blasting viewers' eyes when no slide
is in position, was stuck closed.  After some coaxing the projector has
come back to life and I am awestruck at the radiance of the slides on the
screen (Colorplan CF 90mm f/2.5, Portugal).

The AF is much slower than I'm accustomed to with Ektagraphic projectors;
is this normal for the Pradolux?  Not that I'm complaining, but if the
projector needs some service I'd gladly give my friend's equipment what it
needs.

Doug Herr
Sacramento