Subject: Re: [Leica] Super-Angulon R 4/21mm--hoods etc.
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 02:13:59 -0500

1.  Can anyone recommend a suitable aftermarket hood for a Super-Angulon R
21mm f/4?  (By the way, the plastic top of a Pringles box fits almost
perfectly as a lens cap.  But I do not really want to use the Pringles box
itself (even cut up) as a hood.)

2.  Also, should there be a retaining ring to hold on filters, or do they
screw on?
<<<

The hood (#12506) is the filter retaining ring.  Filter size is Series 8.5.
 I wouldn't mess with an aftermarket hood.  Unless it's designed
specifically for the 21 f/4 R it would either provide too much shade or not
enough.

Doug Herr
Sacramento