Subject: [Leica] 19mm/f2.8 Elmarit-R. How to tell the difference between the old and current design ?
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 01:18:52 -0800 (PST)

Dear LUGGERS,

How can one tell the difference(s) between the old and the current design
of the 19mm/f2.8 Elmarit-R lens?

What will version of the lens with serial # 36935xx be? I came across this
lens and am wondering if it is the current design. It has a ROM contact
built-in but this can be installed in a non-ROM lens (from what I understand).

Thank you in advance for any info.

Regards,

Pitak

- --
Pitak Chenkosol, Dept. Electrical Eng.,|  " I was born not knowing and have
Portland State University,             |    only had a little time to change
P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751. |    that here and there."
E-mail: pitakc@ee.pdx.edu              |                Richard P. Feynman