Subject: Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA black paint vs. Millennium - shutter speed dial
From: "phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 08:02:48 -0500

From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
     LEICAMAN56@aol.com wrote, in part:
    > I'm still not sure what motivated the redesigned shutter speed
    > dial.
    >
> I think the official word was some excuse about being able to turn the
> shutter speed dial in the same direction as you would on an R camera.  One
> of the most stupid excuses for abominably poor human factors design I've
> ever heard.

I have always felt that the SS dial on the M6 classic goes the wrong way for me.
The M6 is the first and only Leica M I have used, so I have no learned habit from
earlier experience.   I will eventually upgrade to the M6 TTL just for the SS dial
(orientation and size), more than for the TTL.   Perhaps the LHSA black paint.

- - Phong