Subject: RE: [Leica] Naff-o
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 13:43:53 -0700

naff-o, as far as I understand it is and extension of naff = cheap, tacky,
slightly kitsch, not hip/cool, - struggling here for a direct N.American
equivalent. Maybe it will come to me.

Not to be confused with naff-off, a somewhat more polite (?) version of f***
off. In English english I would rate them f*** off, sod-off, naff-off in
degrees of offence.

Do you now Martin Parr's photographs of the "English" - especially the
Living Room stuff? A lot of that shows things that are naff.

Tim A