Subject: [Leica] Can o Worms
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 15:45:06 -0500

Rod Fleming wrote

Well in UK it was a widespread obsession for many years, and only last week
I met a PA photog with every identifying mark on his F5 plastered with the
stuff. I have often found myself the only one in a group of smudgers with
no
tape on the cameras.

My friends add tape to reduce damage so the cameras look less like they
have received a professional beating when the time comes to sell! No-one I
know thinks of themselves as important at all. Lets face it most people
these days like designer labels as if to say "look at me I can afford to
pay L50 for a L5 tee shirt." Pathetic IMHO
cheers Frank