Subject: RE: [Leica] New shutter-speed dial
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:28:49 -0500

If they reversed the LED's, they would be at odds with the lens aperture
setting.  Personnal, I usually work in a shutter speed preferred mode
anyway, setting the SS first and using the LED's to adjust my aperture.  If
I run out of room, I go to a lower SS.

I wish they had just enlarged the SS dial, and not changed the
direction.  It would have been a nice incremental improvement.

Skip

At 1/17/00 12:26 AM  -0600, you wrote:
>Subject: RE: [Leica] New shutter-speed dial
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>
>Curious that Leica decided to re-engineer the shutter speed dial
>and associated gear train, top plate, etc. rather than reverse the
>order of the LED's with a little change in the printed circuits.
>
>     Glenn W.

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ
skipwilliams@pobox.com