Subject: RE: [Leica] Sex and the lens-test chart
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:05:06 -0500

Yada yada yada... when all is said and done, I am curious to see what the
results of your test are. I suspect that many of the lenses will be so close
as to be largely indistinguishable without aid of a high powered loupe. But
perhaps there will be some significant differences.

I'm sure the technical details of lens testing boor you to tears but how
about this:

Suppose I sat you down in front of a monitor. You are able to type in the
name of any lens you wish. You can control the focus and aperature with a
mouse/joystick. You see the photograph on the monitor as it would be
rendered through the lens. Now type in a film, developer and paper
selection. It appears before your eyes exactly as it would appear once
printed. Sound impossible?

Does the technology exist? Yes. Might someone pay me enough to make it worth
my while? I doubt it.

Jon