Subject: [Leica] was a yes or a no? now visual difference
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:37:48 -0800

Mike Durling wrote:

>Just wondering, was it the camera or the photographer that he noticed?  What
>I mean is did he notice a particular optical look or was it something in
>your shooting style that tipped him off?>>>>>>

Hi Mike,

Whenever we questioned how could he be so lucky all the time his response
was always, "Hell it's a piece of cake, the Leica slides when laid out
amongst all the rest have a "sharper colour contrast look with a better
looking colour saturation look!"

We deliberately filled a 4' X 8' light table with a mix of Canon and Nikon
slides........just figure how many on an area of 4ft by 8ft and it'll give
you an idea of how many images.  And one Leica, none of the photographers
knew where it was as a production assistant set it in place.

He walked in and over to the table, stood for a few minutes...."There isn't
a Leica slide here but one in this corner!" And that was right. I won a
hundred bucks! :)

So if you can make sense out of his comment... ""sharper colour contrast
look with a better looking colour saturation look!""... Your a better man
than I.

However, when you put out a mix of slides as was always happening day after
day, after awhile you can see slides with a difference of colour contrast
that make them stand out from the others. And these were always Leica
images.

>By the way, does anybody still do those multi-image slide shows? >>>>>>

I don't think there are many around these days and unfortunately Creative
House doesn't exist any longer. :( It was such a wonderful organisation to
shoot for.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant