Subject: Re: [Leica] Winter and dark out
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 06:59:32 +0100

Greg (and other bad-weather shooters),

I too love the photographs taken in bad weather. But since I am not independently
wealthy, and I do not have someone else paying for my equipment, I am reluctant to
expose my Leicas (or other cameras for that matter) to the elements in the way
described. What do people do?

Nathan

Greg Locke wrote:

>          Oh, come on, Mike!  2PM yesterday I was getting AT LEAST 60th @
> 2.8 with Fujichrome 100..... in freezing rain.  I had to scrape the ice off
> the lens between photos.
>
> I'm going to ask Leica for a refund  for the un-used apartures above f4.0
> which I never use.
> Winter light is the best .... when it appears.
>
> Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
> locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
> Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
> http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
> ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart

- --
Nathan Wajsman