Subject: Re: [Leica] Say, about that Heliar 15mm . . .
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:48:47 EST

I own a 15 mm Heliar and it's very nice to use .
Last WE I was on an aircraft carrier  ( The Foch ) and I used it a lot . Very
nice in small rooms and actions pics .
I used it with 400 Tmax and it was cooool.
On the other hand , the Aircraft carrier was a great moment :  We leaved the
land on saturday morning and an hour later the first aircrafts came in :
french Super Etendard and Alizés .
On the deck , they stop in only 20 meters and they take off in 50 .
I had no limitations for the pics : I shot 27 rolls of Tmax400 and about 10
of Elitechrome .
I used all 4 lenses : 15 , 35  , 50 and 90 .
With the 15 mm , I could shoot hand held at 1/8 th - F4.5 with no problem
inside of the ship . On the outside , I took many action pictures with it .
it's so nice to just point and shoot with no other adjustment ! and don't
make me wrong , when you depress the shutter you have the exact picture of
what you see !
I was also invited to go on the deck during take offs / landings and I made a
lot of pics of the gruond crew with the 15 ;
In our navy , we call these guys the " yellow dogs " . They are quite
impressive .
I couldn't take any pic during night flight , since they do it in complete
black out . The pilots can only watch the yellow dog's illuminated cones and
they have 100 % confidence in them .
Buy that 15 mm , you will shoot with it on every occasion .
Regards .
Jo GOODTIMES