Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa-R released!
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:01:42 -0500

I though of that too, as I'm a passionate Olympus OM user and an Olympus
Pen collector.  And I have both of the pancake lenses for those two lines.

I guess you're right,  I just didn't think hard enough.  I know the OM 40/2
(which sold for about $80 when new) fetches $500-550 and the Pen 38/2.8
brings $200-300, both Ebay prices.  And the buyer is often a Japanese
collector.  They REALLY like the black Pen F/FT's with the 35/2.8,
paying >$700 usually

Obviously Cosins is going where the money is, which is the good business
decision

Skip

At 1/19/00 02:07 PM  -0500, you wrote:

>In a message dated 1/19/00 11:18:50 AM, skipwilliams@pobox.com writes:
>
> >- Two new Color Skopar lenses, a pancake 35/2.5 and a more normal
> >35/2.8.  Strange that they released two lenses with such similar
> >specs.  They must had one of them already done for another purpose.  I
> >
> >can't believe that they'd create a new lens design just to save a little
> >
> >length.
>

>You're not paying attention, then. The pancake design lens are highly desired
>among Pentax K/M, Olympus OM and Olympus Pen users -- dare we say,
>collectable, even. The pancake lens alone will likely produce camera sales.
>
>Bob (would you have syrup or strawberries on that lens) McEowen

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ
skipwilliams@pobox.com