Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa-R released!
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:45:53 -0500

Yes, as Cosina doesn't offer a 90 YET, the 90mm framelines are a bit
superfluous, but there's nothing to prevent you from mounting a 90 Elmar or
Summicron on the beast.

Other tidbits:

- - Bessa-R body at Y680,000
- - Manually selected framelines for 50, 35/90, 75
- - No 135 framelines.  The finder mag must be around .6 and the baseline
looks a similar to a LTM IIIx.  But as the rangefinder on a IIIf was 1.5x,
the accuracy on the Bessa-R will obviously suffer.  No 90 Summicron's on
this baby.  It reminds me of the CL's limitations.
- - Two new Color Skopar lenses, a pancake 35/2.5 and a more normal
35/2.8.  Strange that they released two lenses with such similar
specs.  They must had one of them already done for another purpose.  I
can't believe that they'd create a new lens design just to save a little
length.  The optical formulas are different, but both are non-aspheric and
priced at Y350,000 and Y300,000
- - A M-type grip is offered

Skip

.
At 1/19/00 06:13 PM  +0100, you wrote:
>Skip Williams wrote:
>
> > I was just trolling and I found the Bessa-R on Cosina's japanese web site
>
>The 90 mm frames are symbolic. (bottom right)
><http://www.cosina.co.jp/bessa-r/4.html>
>
>Lucien

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ