Subject: RE: [Leica] Sometimes content triumphs
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:21:19 -0700

When I was in Guatemala, I came across the book - all black & white. It was
pretty good - images and text by the kids. I nearly bought it, but didn't
have the room to pack it around. I think I picked up some extra info, but
I'm not sure if I kept it. It all seemed to work very well. I was very
impressed by the images and work. I had just spent time working with Street
& Working children in Nicaragua/Honduras. On some days, the kids "borrowed"
my cameras and  think took more pictures than me (hit that shutter button on
the F4 and your through a roll in about 5 seconds)! They certainly like the
idea of making pictures. And had some real stories to tell as well. Though
Tina knows this much more than me.

In Antigua I also came across some art workshops, and one on their programme
was run by the photographer involved in this.

Tim A