Subject: RE: [Leica] Off topic: Quad tone cartridge for Photo EX?
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:50:14 -0700

Kent,

As Nathan suggests, go to MIS.

But there are a few problems with the six ink Quads (the 4 ink quads work
great). Mainly down to limited types of paper you can print on. There is a
also a tendency towards banding on many papers - I got this on my 700 (I'm
not sure how the EX is for this). so I got a 4 ink 740 and get great
results - on all sorts of papers. A different world than trying to use the
colour inks. There is also something of a learning curve with quadtone inks
(including refilling if you don't want to go broke - again, I'd rather fill
4 than six ink chambers!).

In fact I am now hankering after the new 4 ink 1160 so I can make bigger
prints.

Things are hectic here right now, but I will dig out some e mails on the
topic in the next day or so and send them on. BTW, you really need to
dedicate a separate printer to Quadtones. It can take almost a full
cartridge of ink to get rid of all the traces of the previous coloured ink -
or using a cleaning cartridge. And the same when you switch back.

But I am getting some beautiful B&W quadtone prints now.

Tim A