Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions for Steve AND Erwin re new rangefinders
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:30:31 EST

In a message dated 1/19/00 9:26:06 PM, horsts@primus.com.au writes:

<< Keep the M-type body. (most important to keep the feel)
Remove the protection pads above the strap lugs
No light meter. This should simplify the view finder too.  (The new Cosina
Voigtlander)     light meter could be used.
No TTL flash provision
Get rid of the film speed reminder on the back.
Put a simple pocket for the film box lid on to the back
No provision for motor drive
No self timer
Change the automatic frame insertion to a simpler manual system.
The frames are only 35,50 and 90mm.
Release a ridged (less expensive) 50mm f2.8 lens. -- I can see no reason why a
lousy 4 element lens should cost as much as the Elmar does --
Black or chrome only, Which ever is less costly.
Use an M3 type rapid wind lever (made out of one part only) >>

Sounds like either an M2-R with a rewind crank or an M4 without plastic
levers. Sell it for $1,200 and I'm there!

Bob (can it have a .85 viewfinder please) McEowen