Subject: [Leica] So very substantial...
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:15:36 +0000

>We are supposed to lie down and roll over because someone of
"authority"
>status
>makes sweeping cloaked unsubstantiated statements?!

I can tell you that Ed's source is one of the very best in the world,
perhaps the most authoritative independent Leica expert now living. And
Leica very obviously agrees, for reasons which will become very obvious
when you know more. The story is utterly fascinating and truly deeply
impressive to all Leicaphiles--certainly as dramatic a sotry as I have
ever read that has to do with camera repair! Watch his magazine and you
will know more soon.

Mark, you must distinguish between "unsubstantiated" and "undisclosed."
The two words don't mean the same thing.

- --Mike