Subject: Re: [Leica] M4 Reliability
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:32:23 -0800

The IIIg I purchased in 1957 has vulcanite that shows no sign of wear or
dryness and chipping.   I must admit that until recently, I thought it was
black leather and applied black Kiwi shoe polish to it every few months
buffing off the excess.   I wonder if the was served to preserve the
vulcanite?  Who knows?

Roland Smith