Subject: RE: [Leica] Something BIG is happening
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:07:22 -0800

Hey maybe Canon bought them!!! ;-)

- -----Original Message-----
From: Bill Erfurth [mailto:m6rf@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 4:53 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] Something BIG is happening

Hi Gang,

Last week I wrote that I had received a piece of
information (from an un-named reliable source) that
made me think that something was about to happen at
Leica.

Well, Leica's stock price is up over 40% in the past
few days.  The price of the stock in Euros has gone
from a low 7.10 to close at 10.10 today.  This from a
company who's stock has generally traded BELOW it's 38
day average for the past 6 or 7 months.

I do not know for sure what is happening.  I have
checked sources in Europe and have come up with
nothing.  But, you don't get a move like that in a
company's stock for no reason.

If I were to guess, I would say that Leica has been
bought out by or merged into another company, or a
change in top management is about to occur.

The other reason for the big jump in the stock price
could be that someone has figured out a way to get rid
of that warehouse full of R8s.  Just kidding.

If anyone knows something and wants to share it with
the group, but doesn't want to post it themselves, you
can e-mail it to me at m6rf@yahoo.com.  You will be
identified only as a "reliable un-named source".

Kind regards,

Bill