Subject: [Leica] Noctilux and filters
From: "Joe B." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 03:25:21 +0000

What I am curious about is exactly why Leica recommend (I can't remember
exactly where I read this) that filters not be used with the Noctilux. They
don't say this about most of the other Leica lenses, and I wonder what the
distinction is. I have used filters with the Noctilux in situations where
it was the only thing to do, like for example with Infrared Ektachrome. I
didn't get many correctly focused shots that time, and I wonder if possibly
the filter affects the focus accuracy with such a wide aperture lens. On an
SLR with TTL focusing I don't think it wouldn't be an issue, but with a
rangefinder it might be. I wonder if anyone who knows about filters and
focusing errors could comment on this.

Joe B.