Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera / lens
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:18:42 -0400

Mike,
I could not agree more. This time last year I started to get hooked on M's
(I have been a dedicated Nikon user for 30 years) and through out the year
my photography results have steadily improved. Last week I put the M kit
away for a few days and started to use 2 Nikons with the same lens setup
that I have been using on the M's, 50mm and 35mm. By comparison the Nikons
seemed clunky, awkward, noisy and large. I like doing street photography for
fun and with a M I can carry it on my shoulder under a suit jacket with
nobody the wiser and have gotten many great photos that way. These M cameras
really force you to think and as far as being behind-the-times technically I
think they are really state-of-the-art (even my meterless M2's) for the
serious 35mm photographer.
Steve
Annapolis