Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux and filters
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 13:12:39 -0500

Joe:

Infrared light focuses at a different plane than visible light.  There is an
"R" on many lenses that marks the approximate infrared focus point.  You
focus as normal and then you are supposed to move the distance on the scale
from the arrow to the "R".  I don't know if the Noctilux has this.  I assume
this is for B&W infrared with the black filter.  Since most people shoot the
IR Ektachrome with a yellow or green filter a lot of visible light mixes in
with the infrared.  Still the focus shift may explain the out of focus shots
at F-1

Mike D