Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux result???? -filters
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 06:24:31 +0000

Jerry S. Justianto wrote:
>I read all the Leica lenses that I have (35 summicron, 75 lux, 50 noct)
>Only Noctilux that stated usage of filter is not recommended.  Other did not
>mention anything about not using filter.
>
>JSJ

People are divided here. Some like to put a filter and others do not. I do
purely for pragmatic reasons. The Noct has such a big piece of glass in
front that I'd feel terrible if something happened to the front element;
when that happens, it's too late to regret, kick myself or think about
whether image degradation occurs with filters. By this time all the real
and hypothetical advantages of not using a filter is no longer an issue.

Good sleep is nice to have.

Dan K.
                   How we live reflects what we treasure.