Subject: Re: [Leica] Radioactivity
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:15:51 +0000

>strange
>that
>it should be purposely built in...<<<
>

>The earliest Super-Takumars for the Spotmatic had a radioactive element.
>Roger Hicks says that if you let it sit for a while on a sheet of
>Polaroid and then pull the Polaroid, you can see a faint shadow. I've
>never tried it.
>
>--Mike

Ah......... did'nt it occured to you that the radioactive element is good
for compensating for vignetting. The centre of the element, being thicker,
will emit more radioactivity and fog the centre of the film more than the
corners. There you are...... nice built in peripherally weighted neutral
density filter.  No need to plonk on any pesky filters that degrade images.

Dan K.
                   How we live reflects what we treasure.