Subject: [Leica] Re: Loading the M....Hows that again
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:13:33 -0600

At 03:12 PM 23/01/2000 -0700, John C. wrote:

>> - -baseplate off
>> - -camera upside down lens toward you

Strange, I point the lens away from me when I load.  I started this when I
first switched over to Leicas, thinking that it was probably better to keep
the exposed curtains of the focal plane shutter pointing toward by belly
than toward anything else out there that may be coming my way.  The front
element of the lens can likely withstand more force than the shutter
curtains, but I'll leave this for someone else to test, with or without a
UV filter attached to the lens ;)