Subject: Re: [Leica] What the...it's a flying pig!!
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 20:46:34 -0800

>WHY are we discussing what will happen "when Fuji buys Leica"??? Why
>don't we just discuss what it will be like when pigs fly? (Hint: dodge
>them droppins!) At least then, the rumors we start will be easier to
>detect.
>
>--Mike the Grump
>
>P.S. I can't help but point out that Konica already built an AE,
>motor-wind M6, and most folks here don't even want to look at it. Why
>the heck does anybody want Fuji to do the same thing? Another pretender
>to diss? C'mon now.

mike,

please don't mention that k***** camera! though it packs features that any
self-respecting 21st-century lugger would not willingly choose to live
without, it's better not even to use the k word - just keep moaning that
leica should beef up the m6 with such indispensible photographic tools as
auto-exposure and motor wind - especially since nikon and canon (two *real*
camera companies, in case you didn't know) have been doing so for years!
and, if any one should criticize you for such a heretical opinion (what, an
ae m! have you been sipping the fixer!), just complain that the lug is an
intolerant entity unwilling to listen to your endless, bootless rants.

guy