Subject: Re: [Leica] Better than aspirin
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:53:45 -03-30

At 07:16 AM 24/01/00 +0000, you wrote:

>Shooting two films a day will solve most any photographic complaint.
>
>--Mike

         NOW! ... here's a good point that often gets overlooked as people
look to technology to overcome their short comings and/ or lack of
patience.  As a friend pointed out, the Age of Craftsmanship is long gone.

         While read through photo discussion lists I'm amazed at the truly
inane and STUPID questions I see from pro's and advanced amateurs alike.  I
can't help but think how did you get to where you did without figuring this
out.

         Then I reconsider.... not everyone gets to shoot film every day
let alone shoot dozens of rolls a week or, indeed, a couple hundred rolls
on a single assignment.

         After 20 years of shooting (a lot of!!) 35mm chrome. I do it
without much thought and in many cases without a meter.

I offer my second opinion to Dr. Mike's and say if you want to be a better
photographer....

...take two rolls and call me in the morning!

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart