Subject: Re: [Leica] filters/choices for shoot at indoor pool
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:17:19 -0500

Adam:

When I was shooting news film back in the 70's we had a chart on the
darkroom wall that showed the filtration and exposure for every high school
gym in the area.  (We shot a lot of basketball.)  They varied all over the
place.  Often the 85 was right, other times it was a 40-R or even no filter.
The film was tungsten balanced.  Then we switched from Fuji to Kodak film
and suddenly none of the filtration worked.  I guess the moral is that you
have to do some tests.  Color neg film should be correctable in the print.
Tranny film will be harder especially since its hard to find a 1-hour lab
that does chromes.

Mike D