Subject: Re: [Leica] Robot!
From: ottmar-x@t-online.de (Keith Bingman)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:14:05 +0100

> I thought Robot was ancient history!!!!!? do they only make surveillance cameras
> now? I always wanted a square format 35mm camera with one of those crazy
> rotational shutters! But now that I am a big guy with money they disappear
> without a trace! Did it have a spring wind up? I never see them! I want one!!!!
> Mark

Mark,

Monochrom, a big German mail order catalog has Robots in stock. They are not cheap,
to put it mildly and I am not sure who buys them, because they keep getting marked
down. Just for fun, you can see if they mention them on the web page
www.monochrom.com.

I just got out the catalog: they list for 5250 DM with a Xenon 40/1.9 lens. And of
course, spring wind up, though I am not sure about the shutter. And unfortunately,
there is no rangefinder, just "guess" focus.

Keith Bingman
Riedheim, Germany