Subject: Re: [Leica] Robot!
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 02:52:10 EST

In a message dated 25-01-00 03:13:13 GMT Standard Time,
mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

<< I always wanted a square format 35mm camera with one of those crazy
 rotational shutters! >>

Mark

I bought one at a street market on a bridge in Paris a couple of years ago.
As a boy I went to a church fete and, believe it or not, the guy doing the
official photographs had one and I was fascinated. I forget how old I was but
probably eight or nine. He showed me the wind-up motor and let me tag along
whilst he did some of the photographs. It was him who got me hooked on
photography, and when I was 14 I finally managed to persuade my mother (widow
and poor) to buy me a camera (alas a Kodak 44A) for my birthday.

That was 40 years and a lot of film ago. When I saw the camera I just
couldn't resist but I have never used it and it sits in a cabinet. Yes, it
has a clockwork motor drive and takes 24mm x 24mm (about 1") square images,
but you forgot to mention the built-in right angle finder activated by a
little slide on the top that moves a small mirror or prism in the viewfinder.

Happy days!

Gerry
Gerry Walden (UK)