Subject: Re: [Leica] A trip to Paris
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:03:33 -0800

I haven't used those in years. I just carry film in Tupperware square tubs,
ask for a hand-check and hope for the best. With all the thieves hanging out
at airport security checkpoints, I try to get through them as quickly as
possible so that my camera bag doesn't wind up isolated on the other side of
the x-ray machine while I'm haggling over the film. Using the lead bags
overseas won't necessarily result in "forcing" a hand check---the operator
may simply crank up the power on the unit sufficient to "see" the bag's
contents, and that may not be good for the film.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.