Subject: Re: [Leica] The World Wide Value of the Leica Name
From: Stephen Gandy <leicanikon@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 18:23:18 -0700

OK Bill, I have no idea of the Porche particulars, my point was Porche was
making money on sun glasses, so perhaps the Leica name could be used to
provide more profit to the company through new Leica products, or licensing
of the Leica name.   If my memory is correct, I saw Porche sun glasses at my
local Costco (a discount super department store).

The Leica name itself, in my estimation, is quite valuable in and of
itself.   I think Solms owes it to the stock holders to take advantage of
the Leica mystique in new areas to help get rid of that damn red ink.

glad you found the site useful.

Stephen