Subject: RE: [Leica] Ted Grant's Ravings
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:50:27 -0500

	[BOB KRAMER]  Hi Peter.  It really is a rather absurd proposition
that if one prefers an all manual M system, that if one likes the film
person must be a collector who doesn't actually use the equipment.  This
notion is ridiculous!  All the features you mention *may* make an M camera
more idiot-proof, but since I am not an idiot these features would not make
such a camera any more usable then the current offerings, at least not for
me (*YOUR* mileage might very well vary of course... only you can assess how
much of an idiot-proof camera you need).

	The beauty if the M system is that it is a wonderfully usable system
that is quiet, discreet, small, and engineered to last damn near forever!
It doesn't need every "bell and whistle" out there.  And if one needs AE, or
quicker focusing such as might be important for sports photography, etc.,
than Leica's got you covered with the R system (I think the R8 even has a
"proper film loading system" <g>).

> The camera is only the tool, the photographer can create even with a
> non-Leica camera.
> Blasphemy to some but truth it is!

	[BOB KRAMER]  I doubt if anyone would consider this statement
blasphemous.  A bit obvious perhaps but not blasphemy.  Personally, I have
taken some pretty darn nice photos using Leica, Canon, and Nikon gear, as
well as many images that never made it past the contact sheet with each
brand.  It ALWAYS boils down to the skill and vision of the photographer.
But with the Leica equipment available today, whether current production or
"classic", you sure can't blame the equipment if your images are lousy.

	Bob Kramer
	Atlanta, GA