Subject: RE: [Leica] Chandos xmas eve images
From: "Mueller, Rob" <rob.mueller@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:09:23 -0500

The following paragraphs are based on MY requirements for what and how
images should be viewed and photographed. They are NOT an attack on Chandos
or anyone else living or dead (or deadman [formerly known as ...], as it
were):

I appreciate your point of views, and thank you for your answers. Let's
expand this a bit. As an artist, I have bodies of work that represent a
theme. flowers, architecture, etc. When I plan my images, they are as sharp
and in focus as I can make them (this is my style). When these images are
shown together there is a semblance of balance, because they have many of
the same qualities.
The images procurred with the Noctilux-M are embodied with 'large' bokeh
(Let's keep the topic to f1 or a little more as these are the qualities of
the lens that make it desirable). Put a group of images from other lenses
with the Noctilux-M images and the portfolio takes on different
interpretations. Remembering that a photo must stand on its' own. No one
knows what is to the left or right or top or bottom of an image, only the
image itself, there is usually no lengthy description of a photo when it is
hanging on a wall. When a 'large' bokeh image is mixed with others the
quality fo the protfolio is different. Therefore, to me, I would create a
portfolio with a Noctilux-M but in relationship to a theme. Maybe this is
what everybody else does, but I had not considered this because the images I
shoot usually don't move and I can use almost any lens to capture them.
(with the purchase of my 'M' last October I have hopes to expand my
interests.) Now I need to think about a protfolio that I could shoot with
just the Noctilux-M.

Rob Mueller
Studies in Black and White
www.studiesinblackandwhite.com