Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted Grant's Ravings
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:17:50 EST

In a message dated 1/26/00 5:55:35 PM, alexey@webcom.com writes:

<< Leica Ms will sell well for the same reasons that Harley
Davidsons, high-end woodworking tools (planes, chisels),
"classic" Martin D-18 and Fender Stratocaster & Telecaster
guitars, the Nikon F3 and FM2, and other seemingly
anachronistic products continue to sell well. There
will always be people who prefer simple, classic,
exceptionally well made tools. This market is, in
my opinion, the only reliable market for the M. >>

I know what you're trying to say but the Fender guitar example just doesn't
fit. Fender offers something like 25 different strats and at least a dozen
teles. That is one company that believes in offering their customers what
they want -- WHATEVER they want . . . Also, you have to move into the Custom
shop or signature guitars to get one built "like they used to" . . .

To the non-guitar playing members of the LUG, I apologize for straying OT . .
.

Bob (plays a Custom Shop Strat) McEowen