Subject: Re: [Leica] luna pro S,F,SBC + M3
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 07:03:45 -0800

>I use the Luna Pro Digital F, which is a fantastic, small meter.  I'm
>waiting until Joseph Yao can supply the new Cosina clip-on meter, which
>clips onto the M3 (and the IIIf)--with the dual acc. shoe adapter, I think
>that this will be a lot of fun with the Heliar 15.
>
>Chandos
>
>>Xavier

xavier,

this is exactly what i was going to recomment - the new cosina clip-on
looks exactly right sitting on top of an m (or screw mount, for that
matter).

if you're not looking for a meter that will mount on your hot shoe and are
considering older meters, check out the zeiss ikophot. i picked one up on
ebay for $30 when i was looking for a meter for my iiif. it fits in the
hand, and is pretty sturdy and reliable. i keep it in my bag with the iiif
- - they go everywhere with me.

i've been told (by ken wilcox, who recommended it to me) that it is not the
best meter for low light readings. (indeed, when i checked it against my m6
meter, it tended to underexpose by 1/2 stop in low light.) for that reason,
i plan on picking up a luna pro f one day.

many luggers sing the praises (walrus or not) of the luna pro digital,
which is supposed to be pretty snappy.

guy