Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: which lens
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:08:15 EST

In a message dated 01/29/2000 11:52:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Summicron1@aol.com writes:

<< 50 mm 3.5 Elmar (ca. 1956) and they are as good
 as anything you would get with your modern hasselblad, whatever.  >>
Charlie,
I wish it were so but it just ain't in my experience. I have been a diehard
user older Leica lenses, but I gotta tell you - the new lenses may not be
built like the old ones in terms of mount quality, but the performance is
state of the art in all areas. You may like the image from an older lens, but
understand what it really is. It is not state of the art imaging even if it
is pretty to some folks.

Kindly,
Bob Figlio