Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8
From: "Robert Bedwell" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 05:23:37 -0500

John:

The R8 is a wonderful camera.  It is extremely well built and the metering
system is excellent.  It is very simple to use and the outcome is of
predictable high quality.  I have owned 2-R8 systems both of which were
plagued with some problems but not the reasons for no longer owning them.
Unfortunately I feel much more comfortable with auto-focus.  I felt stupidly
loyal to the R8 and as a result the quality of my pictures suffered.    I am
not in love with Nikon optics like I was with the R8 but with my NIkon F5 my
images are in sharp focus.  I can now place my thought process on
composition and subject without concern for focus.  This is comforting to
me.  I envy those of you that are at ease focusing the camera yourself.  If
I could I would be back to a Leica slr in a heartbeat.

I wish Leica could resolve this but I certainly don't expect it in the near
future.

Bob