Subject: Re: [Leica] Arrrrrrghhhhhhhh........loading M6en
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 19:24:45 -0800

DonJ wrote:

>Yes, but how many rolls of film and shots missed because the M-6, as he
>stated, is difficult to load. >>>>>>

No no no It isn't difficult to load, it's simply Adam's inexperience at
handling the camera that is causing the difficulty, not the camera.

He'll get by it as simply as any other photographic thing, simply by paying
a little more attention to things like any one handling a new camera and
frames.

I mean, didn't you do that kind of thing with the first camera you loaded
of similar nature as most 35mm cameras? I sure as hell did and I've rarely
ever loaded any camera without watching the rewind knob/handle moving
indicating the film is advancing.

Don you're making far to big a thing out of the simple process of loading
an M6. A little experience and I bet Adam will wonder why he had a
"seemingly big problem" at the beginning.

ted

 With the M-3 just slip the film leader under
>the take-up spool lip, slip in the cassette and take-up spool and you have
>it.  Totally reliable.  I am sure it is possible for some fumble fingers to
>screw up the M-3 load, but not nearly as likely as with the new and
>"convenient" M-6's.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant