Subject: [Leica] Oh God, it's happened
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 11:29:01 +0000

Last week I went out to buy an M-mount 28/2.8. I was offered a couple of
Elmarits and a Rokkor. I bought the Rokkor (half the price) and shot 8 rolls
with it on Monday.

Akkk. No, I mean, aaaaakkkkkkkk.

It doesn't look right. Not even close to what I've been used to from my
Leica glass. I preferred my old Canon 28/2.8, which isn't sharp by any
means, but at least isn't... ugly.

Am I mad? Or blind? Or is the difference real?

Anyway, I had to send it back and stump up for an Elmarit.

- --
John 'now a Leica snob, I guess' Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
        music:    http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk