Subject: Re: [Leica] F3- was Eos 1
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 10:48:43 -0800

There is an internal, unofficial policy at Nikon to keep supporting its
top-of-the-line cameras until parts deplete completely.  This policy is
"unofficial" just for ISO compliance.  Nikon has been known to do a run
of replacement parts to keep these bodies alive.  Most recently, Nikon
produced several hundred rangefinder prisms for its SP and S3 bodies.
Also, enough parts are interchangeable from S2 to F2, that you could end
up with an S2 with F2 titanium shutter curtains.  I think Nikon's policy
to keep supporting its product is just as good as anybody's.

If you encounter such response as Rod did, send your camera to Oi,
Tokyo.