Subject: [Leica] .......... I succumbed ........
From: "claire" <clairetm@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:15:03 +0800

Dear Ken.......

>You are in for a delight with the 100. My wife recently purchased one for
>me (new!) and I like so much that I bought a an R3MOT and winder to mount
>it on. It is heavy but the results are worth the weight!

I am sure the 100 will bring lots of quiet satisfaction. I look forward to
the prints which I have yet to send for processing. After this I will
probably use some slides to see the real capability of this lens for myself.

I am curious, how/why  did your wife buy an R lens for U when U didn't have
an R body ?
Did U post an earlier message some time ago when U related how your wife
bought U one over the counter ?

Its a very heavy rig....... a shoe mounted flash + R7 + R100/2.8...... I
have problems picking up the rig with my right hand..... thumb and 1st and
middle and 4th finger power...... phew..... how do U manage... maybe a grip
will help, but then with the winder/drive with batteries, its again some
more added weight....... !

Since U bought it new, can U tell me more about the lens owner's manual that
came with it. Is it like a significant booklet detailing useful and
practical info about
1.    magnification
2.    depth of field
3.    special care instructions

I have this feeling that there is such an accompanying document..........
which is why I asked about how to get one original.......

Thanks in advance
and
Peace for this Dragon year
TMLee